Evaluates tempdb aganst a set of rules to match best practices. The rules are:
– TF 1118 enabled: Is Trace Flag 1118 enabled (See KB328551).
– File Count: Does the count of data files in tempdb match the number of logical cores, up to 8.
– File Growth: Are any files set to have percentage growth, as best practice is all files have an explicit growth value.
– File Location: Is tempdb located on the C:\? Best practice says to locate it elsewhere.
– File MaxSize Set(optional): Do any files have a max size value? Max size could cause tempdb problems if it isn’t allowed to grow.
Other rules can be added at a future date. If any of these rules don’t match recommended values, a warning will be thrown.
To check a SQL Server instance:
Test-DbaTempDBConfiguration -SqlServer localhost
Based off of Amit Bannerjee’s (@banerjeeamit) Get-TempDB function.